Friday, October 14, 2011

Katesadillas

No photo....because I ate it.

You will need:
2 6"-8" flour tortillas
1/3 cup shredded cheese
1 beet, diced (cooked or canned)
1/4 cup spinach, fresh
1/2 carrot, fresh, diced or grated
1/2 tomato, fresh
1/2 summer squash
1 slice onion, diced
1/4 cup garbanzo beans
1/4 meat of your choice (optional...I used chicken)
1 clove garlic
cooking spray
fresh cilantro
salt
pepper

Directions:
Spray inside of frying pan. Add diced onion, cook until soft. Add beet, spinach, carrot, tomato, and squash. Grate in garlic clove. Add salt and pepper. Cook until soft*. Remove from pan. Set aside.

If necessary, re-spray pan and add one tortilla to pan on low heat. Add half cheese. Add vegetable mixture. Add cilantro.* Add other half cheese. Place second tortilla on top. When bottom tortilla becomes slightly crispy, flip (and try not to throw the veggies all over the house). Allow other side to become crispy.* Remove, cut in quarters, EETZ IT!

Notes:
Basically, what I do is take all the ingredients and make a salad out of it. Then, when I'm ready, I just plop everything in the pan. If you made too much, you can have it for salad later.

Measurements are not exact. You can adjust them at will..

*Texture can vary according to taste. I like my veggies to still have a little crunch, others don't. For crunchiness, cook a shorter time. For softness, cook a longer time.
*Add the cilantro last. You want it to be as uncooked as possible.
*The second tortilla will heat faster than the first. Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Easy way to flip it is to put the plate you will serve on top when it tine to flip and then flip the katesadilla onto the plate... then slide back into the pan. Awesome recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh is THAT how you do that? Ha! I never said I was a professional cook haha. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nom Nom, You should come guest post for me :) Your recipes are always yummy & healthy.

    ReplyDelete